Google

Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Learn,Then Learn,Then Learn or you are a gambler !

I would strongly advise anyone who is considering trading stocks, shares or related similar, part or full time, to invest in some good trading education. But before you part with your hard earned money, please do yourself a big favour and see if there is a product review you can read first.

By far, the worst thing I’ve done is to pay upwards of $800 each, to attend a few trading seminars. I’ve had to write it this expenditure as investing far too heavily for my trading education. In contrast, the best thing I’ve done is to invest less than $800 in online trading materials.

I think trading educational seminars, unless they are free of course, are not worth one’s time and effort. Most of them end up being a pitch for the presenter to market his or her software and as a consequence, they will tell you enough information as to render you only partially equipped. So what does $800 pay for? Well I figure overheads like hiring a hotel room are not cheap and that is before their presentation materials and administrative staff.

After a lot of painstaking research I have managed to finally find information I need and have stumbled upon a few excellent trading educational nuggets in the form of downloadable digital PDF style ebooks, something that would suit everyone. If only I’d found these sooner, I would have saved a huge sum of money and a lot of time.

The other nice thing about downloads is that you will always have one hundred percent of what you paid for in front of you. If you go to a seminar, you will go home with some fancy promo material and a few tasters, but you may otherwise only have what notes you took which unless you can write in short could just serve only to confuse you a week later. I speak from experience.

If you decide to go the online trading route, which I think is the easiest, most of the online trading platforms you will come across will offer trading education free and if not free, at a very reasonable cost. With both the downloadable material and trading platforms, you will likely get a help facility by email, and occasionally by telephone too.

Whichever you choose, you need to be careful of padding too. Seminars are usually good at this but happily it is not something I’ve found too much of with downloads.

No comments: